The NYS Forum Project Management Community of Practice
Project Origination and the Development of a Business Case
(The first phase of the PM Lifecycle)
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
2:30 - 4:00 pm (2:00 pm Check-In)
NYS Museum, Huxley Theater, Albany, NY
Attendees will earn 1.5 PDUs!!!!
Presenters / Topics:
- Jon Haverly, Garnet River - Project Origination: How Project Managers can Prevent the Next Arch Deluxe
This popular and well received session provides an overview of the Project Origination Phase along with a detailed analysis of critical information needed within a Business Case. This goal of the session is to provide tips for developing a Business Case and explain how we can improve the success of our projects by help organizations focus on their consumers and avoid selecting the wrong projects.
- Sara Holmberg, Director of Enterprise Portfolio & Program Management Office, NYS Office of Information Technology Services (ITS)
Sara will provide updates on the design and implementation status of the Project Origination process within ITS.
Who should attend?
- Anyone responsible for developing a Business Case or needing a working knowledge of how to prepare a Business Case
- Attendees will earn 1.5 PDUs
- Free to Members of The NYS Forum, Inc. (Government and ITCR)
- $10 Per Employee of Non-Member Government Agencies.
- Registration Fee is Non-refundable
- Payment must be received by November 30, 2012
- If you would like more information regarding your agency membership status, contact Rebecca Buchner at firstname.lastname@example.org or (518) 438-7414
- Project Origination and the Development of a Business Case Adobe® PDF (, 3,174 KB)